Friday, September 4, 2015

First Grade Sharing Pages

I had Kailey clean up her room today and clean things out, in anticipation of the school year (second grade!!) that is about to start and knowing we need to have some space for all the new work that is about to start coming home.  In the process, she found the bag with all her work from 1st Grade that she had brought home with her at the beginning of the summer.  It's a treasure trove of memories!  Her teacher made a bound book of her best "sharing pages" from the year -- they worked on sharing pages in the morning, writing a sentence on a certain topic and drawing a picture.  We just sat together, Kailey, Eric and me, in Kai's room reading through the pages and remembering the last year.  I thought I should chronicle my favorites here -- hopefully so Kai has them many years from now.

Random ramble -- I do hope this blog (and the books I have made to chronicle each year) are something she continues to enjoy as she gets older.  The other day I was reading her the latest of her published blog books to arrive in the mail -- I hadn't had one printed up in forever, so this was chronicling her third year (ages 2 - 3).  We were reading it together in bed one night and I said something about how I was glad I had written that story down because I would have forgotten it and Kai sat up, wide-eyed and looked at me and said, "Wait!  You wrote all of this?"  I laughed and told her I had and Kai said, "woooowwwww."  Nice to get a bit of recognition for the blog -- and I hope she enjoys it as she gets older.  I certainly enjoy trying to capture stories and memories. 

So -- onto the capturing and my favorite pages from her First Grade Sharing Pages:

October 21, 2014 - "What is a gift that you would like to give someone?"
I would give my baby brother a pacifier because my baby brother crys a lot.

January 6, 2015 - "What did you do over your winter break?"
I went to timerbline lodge and I got to see my cousins.  I also went skiing! (the picture she drew was of the Blue Ox Pub with all of us eating pizza together)

January 15, 2015 - "You have 2 cups of hot cocoa.  Who do you share one with and why?"
If I had 2 cups of cocoa, I would share it with my mom because I love her.

January 21, 2015 - "Oh no! Snow! You are snowed in.  What do you do all day?"
If I was snowed in, I would play on my mom's iPad for the whole day.

February 3, 2015 - Tell us about something you LOVE
I love my baby brother because he is sweet and loving.

February 17, 2015 - February 17th is Random Acts of Kindness Day.  What is a Random Act of Kindness you could do?
My mom and dad are my favorite parents in the world because they are good at teaching me and Alden. (so, she didn't really understand the question... but, I love her answer!)

February 25, 2015 - If you could have nay pet, what would you choose and why?
I would choose a cat because they are cute and soft and I will feed my cat cat food. (and she drew a picture of Abby)

March 10, 2015 - Why are you lucky?
I am lucky because I have a great family and I have a garden!

April 14, 2015 - What do you want to be when you grow up?
When I grow up, I want to be like Jane Goodall because I want to help animals who are endangered.  I will have to go to college and study for it.

April 7, 2015 - Let me tell you all about my Spring Break!
I went to Tahoe and my baby brother got sick so we had to go to the hospital and the doctors had to put a tube on him.

May 5, 2015 - What makes your mom special?
My mom is special because she's 39.  She's nice because she feeds me and my brother.

May 12, 2015 - what has been your favorite thing about our class this year?
My favorite thing about this school year was the field trips because going to the Lawrence Hall of Science was fun! (this is the field trip Eric went on with her)

May 19, 2015 - What will you miss most about this year?
I will miss getting to the hall of fame, Ms. Peters, the mystery student, Go Noodle, start time, the alphabet rug, and saying my school pledge because I got to pick a prize.

May 27, 2015 - What are your plans for summer? What would you like to do or where would you like to go?
I am going to summer camp for 4 weeks and art beast camp.  I also am going camping with Dean and Eliana.  I also am going to acting camp.  I also might go to zoo camp but I am on the waiting list.





No comments: