The paragraph was funny -- translation below (with my own comments added in the parenthesis):
- My mom is 43 years old (as she read it to me Kai said -- "ignore that! I don't know how old you are!! I was just guessing." At least she was in the ballpark -- some moms got over 100 and some as young as 23).
- She likes to make Blue Apron (I don't know that this is a "like". I think it's hilarious that so much of what she wrote focuses on Blue Apron. We get a couple of meals ordered through Blue Apron every week. Kai likes a few of the meals, but mostly she doesn't like the meals. But, because it comes in the mail and it's a thing we do every week -- it's become a big association for her. Meaning, she associates it with me. I suppose the positive spin is that she knows we cook and eat together every day -- and that Blue Apron is the symbol of the meals we have as a family. Or she just couldn't think of anything else to write about. That's equally possible).
- Her favorite food is Blue Apron (Blue Apron is a meal service -- not a food per se... but, I think I get her point)
- Her favorite thing to do is relax and nothing (Kailey said, "I don't know what you like to do! I couldn't think of anything so I wrote nothing." I had to laugh. I also don't ever know how to answer that question. When people ask me what my hobbies are or what I like to do in my free time my first thought is always, "what free time?" And, when I have free time, I do just like to veg out with a movie or a game or a book. I don't really have any hobbies. So, I get why this question stumped her).
- We like to play together (true)
- She is really good at cooking (back to the theme of the thing she sees me doing the most -- since I make them breakfast and dinner every day, and those are the hours we mostly spend together. Sometimes I wish there were a way to have these meals magically appear so we could spend time together doing something else -- I think reading this made me realize how much time I spend in the kitchen. But, they do need to get fed!)
- I would like to give my mom a necklace
- My mom is special because she has Rocksbox and Blue Apron (ummm... Ok!)
So, that was her paragraph about me. Pretty cute.
The pictures were cute -- my lips are so large! And in the second one, Kai was trying to draw me in a particular sweater I own (although, I'm not really sure which one).
Then the class sang a song and recite a poem:
It was a special celebration.