Friday, February 1, 2013

Three Wishes

Tonight while Kai was in the bath, I scooped up a handful of bubbles and told her they were magic bubbles and that she could make three wishes.  I asked her what her first wish was and she thought about it for a minute.  Then she said, "I wish that rainbows would stay in the sky all the time and never go away."

I asked her what her second wish was and she said, "I wish fairies were real and that I knew a real fairy."

And when I asked her for her third wish she said, "I wish that real princesses and real princes always wore their fancy dresses and clothes and never took them off."  This because we had shown her a picture of Kate Middleton to point out that real princesses were just people, like us.

Rainbows, fairies and princess clothes... the stuff a four year old's dreams should be made of.

No comments: