Sunday, July 15, 2012

Little Hot Rock

Kailey loves singing songs.  There is a music teacher at school, Jane, who gave each of the kids a CD of her songs, and we listen to it in the car all the time.  "Jane songs!" Kailey pleads as soon as we are in motion.  She knows the words to most of the songs, and belts them out from the backseat.

In addition, she likes to make up songs.  This morning she was singing something about the ocean and a plant growing on the sea floor.  Eric said to me, "I've never heard that song... do you know it?" Kailey, listening as she does to everything we say, piped up and said, "that's because I made it up!"

One of her favorite "Jane songs" is Little Hot Rock, which is also one of our favorites.  The lyrics are:

Sometimes I wonder
Oh yes I do
Sometimes I wonder
About me and you


We travel together
Around a firey sun
On a little hot rock through the cold and darkness everyone


In outer space
Between the stars
It's even colder
Then the coldest heart



We travel together
Around a firey sun
On a little hot rock through the cold and darkness everyone

Try a little kindness
Try a little sweet love
We're so very far from 
The pretty stars above

We travel together
Around a firey sun
On a little hot rock through the cold and darkness everyone

I really love the song -- and love to sing it with Kailey as we travel together.  When Eric's mom was visiting over the 4th of July, we all went to Kai's music class together, and Kailey requested that they sing the song -- allowing me to capture them on video.  

Here they are: 


No comments: