Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Kai-isms



The other day at the playground, Kai decided to play "carwash" (because she had recently been through the carwash with Nonnie). I drove my "car" up to her stand, and Kai said "Hi - what happened to your car?... Did you go camping?"

******************



Later the same day at the playground, Kai was spinning her way down the corkscrew and started talking to herself, "I don't know why I do this everyday!"

*******************


Kai carries around a little purse, and we were sitting outside after a hike and she started going through it. "What would you like? I have ALL sorts of things in here!"

*******************


Driving to school earlier this week Kai announced, "when I grow up, I'm going to college" (we think she got this idea from Toy Story 3... ahhh, such good parenting. Introducing the concept of college through Pixar). "What's college?" I asked her. "I don't know!" she replied. Well, at least she's going!

*******************


We have started playing Uno with Kailey -- she is great at it. The first time she saw us shuffling the cards, she was fascinated. "What are you doing?" she inquired. I told her I was shuffling. About a week later, we were playing again and I started shuffling and asked her, "do you remember what this is?" Kai paused, scrunching up her face, then replies, "Flappering?" Well, that would be a better word for it.

********************

No comments: