Saturday, May 22, 2010

Reading to Herself

I caught Kai playing music and reading this morning, and had the camera nearby. I think this might be one of my favorite Kai videos ever, which is saying something given the 1000s of Kai videos that we now have! But, I love how she has the book memorized and, when she loses her place because she is focused on that page's activity, she carefully gets back to where she left off. And, of course, she finishes the whole book. Of course, the flip side is that she generally doesn't let us hold her books while we read to her anymore. Nor does she really want us to read to her. I think she has most books memorized, and she prefers to hold them herself and flip through the pages. At night when I am trying to get her to settle down and go to bed, it's exasperating. This morning, it was adorable. Observe:

video

2 comments:

Kathryn J said...

I have to agree with you on favorite picking. This is seriously the cutest thing ever. And - as always - she is so FOCUSED. You can almost see her thinking, "Ok, on this page I..." Also love the self-entertaining skills.

Miss all three of you!!!

Angie said...

I also love how she redoes a few pages (the cat and the camel)... I think she was unsatisfied with her performance the first time around. And, with the camel, she does finally get it right with the knee bend (meaning, it looks like the camel on the page). She's funny.