Thursday, January 22, 2009

Standing

Another new milestone this morning!! They're fast and furious these days.

This morning, I had Kai in her crib while I sorted her laundry. I looked over at her, and she had pulled herself onto her knees using the railing (something she has been doing for awhile). Then, she grabbed onto the top rail and began grunting and straining to pull herself onto her feet. She toppled a couple of times, but in usual Kai fashion, was completely undeterred, returning to the rail to try again. And then, she did it. She pulled herself all the way up into a standing position, turned to me and broke into the biggest grin I have ever seen, and then - to top it off - she took one hand off the rail and started waiving at my, grinning ear to ear. It was amazing.

I hollered at Eric to come into the room, grabbed Kailey and put her back on her tummy in the crib (aren't I mean?). But, Kailey has clearly grown accustomed to having to perform her new tricks over and over -- and just pulled herself up once again, to our applause.

Then, I went and grabbed the camera and had her do it once more, which she obliged. She is quite quick at it in this video -- practice makes perfect. Enjoy!

No comments: