Tuesday, August 19, 2008

So That's Why I'm So Hungry...

Today I met a woman and her baby that really put Kai's weight gain into perspective. I take Kai to a baby store in our neighborhood once a week to weigh her. They have an awesome weight station set up and they keep index cards for each baby so that you can record the date and the weight. So, I weighed Kai today and she weighed in at 11 lbs, 9 oz -- which was up 1 lb, 8 oz from 13 days ago. That alone is insane -- that's 10 oz more than the average weight gain for an infant in a 2 week period. Then, I was getting ready to take Kai back home and another woman and her baby came in. She asked how old Kai was and I said, "4 months, how old is your baby?" She said, "2 months, he was born June 11th". I told her that was funny because that was Kai's due date but that she had been born 2 months early. Then I asked how much her baby weighed when he was born -- 9 lbs, 10 oz. On that day, Kailey was about 6.5 lbs. So, on his birthday and Kai's adjusted birthday, there were about 3 lbs difference between the babies. Today? Kai weighs more - by about 2 oz. Kai has gained more than 5 pounds in those two months. Guess I shouldn't worry too much about having Elevensies every day!

Some pics of the incredible growing Kai:


1 comment:

JenG said...

I am behind on your blog -- but wow! That is some amazing weight gain your little girl is doing. I would imagine you would be starving all day long! And no dairy allowed besides! ACK. She looks darling. I have to go back up and watch more of the videos.