Monday, July 21, 2008

Smiley Kailey



Kailey is all smiles these days. At first, she was saving her biggest smiles for her toys, which she is endlessly fascinated by... but, in the last couple of days, she's been all smiles with us too!








And, she is definitely getting better at the push-up (and is less cranky about tummy time these days).





Also, the swing that we finally broke down and bought has proven invaluable. When we first got it, Kai couldn't stand it, and so I sort of forgot about it (even though it is bright green and huge - at least in our small living room). I just figured she wasn't the swing-type. But, about a week ago, Kai was fussy and nothing I was doing to entertain her was working (shocking, I know, given how endlessly entertaining I can be!). Her toys were of no interest to her (which is unusual... she the smiles above) and she wasn't hungry or tired or interested in being held. I was at my wits end, and then noticed the big, green, plastic swing (with the ironic rainforest theme... you have to love big plastic toys with environmental themes!). I didn't think it would work, but I plopped her in it anyway and... presto! No more tears. She loves it. She's in it now, admiring the metal frame as it swings to and fro and slowly dozing off to sleep. And, I'm doing work. OK - I was doing work, until I decided to post these pictures. Now, back to it. I only have an hour (max).

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I cannot believe how big she is. I MUST see this child NOW. She is sooo cute!